When you visit Sydney, just don't vist the tourist spots.
- Cruise Sydney harbour on a ferry. Go to a party cruise night or day.
- Catch the train to Parramatta from Central Station, walk to the River cat wharf, 15 minute walk from Station. Catch the River cat along the Parramatta River. The river eventually becomes the Sydney Harbour. The trip goes for about 50 minutes and is beautiful.
- Doyle’s at Watson’s Bay. Sydney's most famous seafood restaurant, the harbour setting is spectacular. You can catch a ferry from circular quay or bus from central station to Watson’s Bay. Get a take away fish & chips.
- Beach Walks - Walk from the southern end of Bondi Beach all the way to Coogee Beach. It'll take about an hour. A beautiful walk and you can catch the 370 bus back to Rooftop or a bus to the city. Visit the Beach Palace Hotel at the northern end of Coogee beach or the Coogee bay hotel for a nice cold beer!
- Do the ‘Spit’ to Manly walk (catch a bus there). It’s about a 3 hour walk around the edge of the harbour. There are many walks to do in Sydney, check out this website
- Catch the train down to Cronulla beach (south Sydney/about 45 minutes on a train) to lap up a great local’s beach. Great Surf!
- Hire roller blades and roller blade on the esplanade at Manly beach.
- Catch a bus down to Balmain and visit the markets every Saturday
– it has nice pubs, cafe's and restaurants, historic area.
- Visit the Blue Mountains and the Jenolan Caves. Whilst there you can book a tour and stay a couple of days at our Blue Mountains backpacker lodge. The Blue Mountains are beautiful and there are many activities you can do there such as - Abseiling, horse riding, rock-climbing, adventure caving and Mountain biking.